Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable
- Process vendor invoices verifying and receiving approval for underlying purchase orders and receipts.
- Enter invoices in SAP ensuring correct GL and department or match to relevant Purchase Order
- Prepare weekly AP ageing (four weeks out).
- Reconcile Vendor statements on a regular basis.
- Key contact and resolution point for vendor inquiries.
- Strict adherence to internal policies on vendor reimbursements.
- Assist the Business Analysts with month-end processes
- Process Weekly Payments
- Reconcile the Monthly Creditors Ledger & produce a report for Senior Management
- Raise Invoices to Tenants for Utility Billing both Assessed and Metered
- Raise Invoices to Customers who use VIP and Groups Bookings
- Raise Invoices to all Other Customers and Train Operating Companies (TOCs)
- Ensure all monies are received within the terms of the invoice i.e. no debts to be older than 60 days. Follow the Credit Control Cycle determined by the Business
- Post Cash allocations to the Debtors Ledger
- Bank any Cheques or Cash received -
- Match off Cash Book Transactions
- Reconcile the Monthly Debtors Ledger & produce a report for Senior Management
Accounting and Other Duties:
- Document scanning and saving.
- Assist with financial and other audits, as necessary.
- Support the Management Accounts and Treasury teams with other related projects, as necessary.
- Support the Treasury team with cheque processing
- SAP experience is essential for this role
This role is Birmingham based and closing date for applications is 12th February 2021. Salary for the role is circa £23,255 per annum.
- Final salary pension
- Free travel on Avanti West Coast for you/spouse/partner/dependents
- Privilege Travel card (75% off other train operators fares for leisure travel)
- 30 days holiday rising by 1 for every completed year of service to a maximum of 37 days (inclusive of bank holidays)
- 10 free journeys on other First Group Train Operators
At Avanti West Coast, we value the differences that make each of us outstanding! Avanti West Coast recognises the benefits of building a diverse workforce and employing people from diverse backgrounds, which includes their race, religion, age, gender, gender identity, disability and sexual orientation.
Everyone who joins Avanti West Coast becomes part of our close knit team. We're committed to ensuring that Avanti West Coast is inclusive, a place where people are encouraged to be themselves, and not an edited version to fit in. A place where differences are encouraged, recognised, accepted and put to good use!