- A competent, determined and ambitious worker with 25 years’ experience within financial roles and 15 years most recently in the Banking industry.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills with a proven record of identifying issues and implementing procedures. Has the ability to work well under pressure, takes direction well and enjoys tackling new challenges either on own initiative or within part of a team.
- A key player in the success of the Global system upgrade from the in house hosted system (epurchase) to the Cloud based version (Ariba on Demand).
Business and Operations Manager – Accounts Payable 1st June 2005 To July 2020
- Created the standard operating procedures for all functionality on UK Invoicing through Ariba so that the offshore Teams had a working guide that could be followed to reduce the amount of escalations
- Created, monitored and maintained the Tax mapping file to allow invoices to process with invoice automation.
- Implemented the invoice processing functionality of Ariba for Ireland, Poland and the Netherlands.
- The Lead for the UK and Europe in the reconciliations of high profile Supplier Accounts to make sure that there was no impact to service. This included reducing one supplier debt down from $24M by highlighting duplicate and incorrect invoicing.
- Worked with multiple Suppliers on their complexed Aged debts to reduce all outstanding amounts to within payment terms
System Migration Project: -
- Built Test scripts to ensure the correct functionality was available for UK users of both the ePurchase (Ariba on Premise) and then Ariba on Demand implementations
- The UK lead and part of the working group for testing to raise and test any defects that were highlighted to ensure a satisfactory conclusion
- As part of the pre builds for the other EMEA countries the creation and the updates of the tax files were carried out so that the relevant Tax mapping is in place so that implementation can be carried out
- The UK lead and part of the testing Teams to ensure key data and detail were incorporated in several different projects including Beeline(contingent Staffing Tool), My Invoice Status, Archiving, Invoice Centralisation, ePurchase and then Ariba on Demand releases for the EMEA Countries
Tax Support: -
- Developed a strong working relationship with the Tax Department so that the correct tax decisions for invoices that had thrown exceptions from the automated process could be made
- Highlight to the Tax Team potential Tax reporting concerns with cross border ordering and incorrect Tax codes applied to invoices
- Provide system expertise for the Tax Team when investigations were required on how a decision has been derived and advise action plan to prevent errors re-occurring
- Provide Tax guidance to the Offshore Teams
Core Accounts Payable Responsibilities: -
- Subject matter expert (SME) for all EMEA Ariba invoicing and point of contact for complex cases.
- Responsible for overseeing the day to day actions of invoices that are processed through the Ariba system from entry through to payment.
- The onshore escalation point for the offshore invoice processing teams and the lines of business to ensure a timely and accurate resolution
JPMorganChase Bank - Via Modis International Ltd, London
Billings Analyst & Financial Representative January 2004 To June 2005
OmniLabs (UK) Limited – Harley Street, London
Accounts Payable Supervisor June 2000 To August 2003
West Anglia Great Northern Railway Ltd – Old Street, London 1991 - 2000
Finance Manager Billing August 1998 to May 2000
Internal Audit Assistant January 1997 to August 1998
Financial Accounting Assistant June 1996 to January 1997
Accounts Payable Supervisor March 1994 to June 1996
Accounts Payable Clerk Sept 1991 to March 1994
Basildon College – Day Release AAT Foundation Sept 1993 to June 1994
St. Nicholas School 9 GCSE’s, including English and Mathematics Sept 1986 to June 1991