APAM and AAT level-4 certified professional with 12+ years of experience spearheading multiple financial accounting projects with complete accuracy and professionalism. Highly motivated and diversely skilled individual with extensive skills in managing company financial accounts, setting up payments, reconciling accounts, preparing quarterly VAT returns, providing customer services, administering sales and finance functions including accounts payables, accounts receivables, and payroll. A goal driven individual with ability to multitask, work under pressure while maintaining attention to details and meeting deadlines. Excellent interpersonal, communication, and people management skills with recognised ability to lead, motivate, and empower colleagues at all levels.
Intu Properties Ltd – Thurrock, Essex [Company has now gone into administration, therefore looking for a new opportunity]
Business Support Finance 2020 to Current
Efficiently assisted the business within their retail services company covering all the financial elements of their Lakeside shopping centre. Capably dealt with all the purchasing requirements of the centre in relation to the p2p process from requisition to invoice for payment. Independently in control of the centre’s budget which includes meetings with various heads of department on a regular basis as well as monthly forecasting. Proficiently prepared numerous month end journals including accruals/prepayments, credit card reconciliations and adjustments. Professionally preparing the P&L and commentaries for the whole centre using my own iniative and cooperating with department heads and head office accountants. Solving Vendor queries and being on hand to assist them with any issues.
Tersus Consultancy Ltd. – Rainham, Essex [Made redundant due to group takeover and relocation of accounts department]
Accounts Supervisor / Assistant Management Accountant, 2018 to 2019
Provided high-end support to the financial controller with the preparation of monthly management accounts and month-end pack for the organisation whilst supervising the transactional staff consisting of 2 purchase ledger clerks and 2 credit controllers. Placed FPS data of 180 employees on Sage Payroll 50cloud software as well as managed all credit card expenses including pursuing employees and handling VAT splits. Performed P&L and prepared balance sheet for bank and intercompany reconciliations to identify any errors before closing accounts. Prepared weekly revenue reports and month end journals as well as monitored entire cash flow of the firm. Ensured funds availability in order to cover future company expenses including, payroll, payment runs, and etc. Created, evaluated, and authorised payment runs for collecting payments for outstanding invoices. Supported Barclays and HSBC by resolving unreconciled items at month end. Helped saved company money by communicating with the bank and suppliers to ensure operational compliance during the migration from Allstar fuel to Onroute.
- Supported credit controllers in managing problematic customer accounts which resulted in reducing 120+ days old debt significantly, as well as 30+ and 60+ days debt.
- Cleared several historically bad accounts and resolved many problematic aged creditors along with unreconciled items including, overpayments, credit notes, direct debits, and SOs having no invoices on the payables ledgers.
- Improved internal processes of the department by endorsing an effective communication method between the team.
- Created a spreadsheet to keep an audited account of the mobile phone allocations per branch due to wrong cost centres being charged historically which was later sent to all the managers to update/make changes and to give an accurate expenditure on the P&L.
- Delivered training to both new and old purchase ledger clerks regarding their overall job duties as well as on entire company policies and procedures.
- Supervised, managed, and trained the current staff regarding usage of journals which they have never done before.
CRO Ports London Ltd – Purfleet, Essex [Left due to progression]
Accounts Assistant, 2013 to 2018
Assumed full accountability for creating and managing company accounts for three separate entities as well as completing daily tasks on time such as, inputting bank statements and bank reconciliations. Presented monthly management accounts report including, P&L commentaries and variance analysis to the Account Manager in order to make better-informed decisions. Drafted detailed year-end accounts including, automatic accruals, prepayment journals, aging debtors, creditors report, balance sheets, and income statements to be utilised during monthly/yearly audits. Steered efforts with the preparation of monthly VAT returns for five different companies. Prepared and raised incoming/purchase/sales invoices, payroll journals, and intercompany recharges. Efficiently managed large payments, currency revaluations, and exchange rate differences. Shifted various reports from CODA accounting system and transferring them to MS Excel. Carried out BACS payment runs and manual priority payments.
- Recognised as a professional for using CODA IVAT system and supporting members of firm with regards to issues with the system by demonstrating exceptional VAT basics knowledge.
- Mentored and trained a new sales ledger clerk for managing not only the account but the system as well.
- Developed a robust business case to minimise project costs assigned by the UK General Manager.
INCHCAPE SHIPPING SERVICES – Chafford Hundred, Grays, Essex [Left due to progression]
Account Assistant, 2007 to 2013
Expertly dealt with company payables/receivables ledger and credit control as well as forged/maintained corporate relations with suppliers. Carried out bank and account reconciliation in order to make changes to the accounting records, resolve any discrepancies, and identify fraudulent data. Provided high-end support to the accounts team on managing Maersk and ExxonMobil clients. Steered efforts in helping management with audits by providing reports and documentation as per requirement. Supported the team with ad hoc tasks as well as with the drafting of cash position and weekly reports on Excel. Sanctioned payments being processed by the banking team to assure other payables are prepared correctly by the clerks. Explained variances between estimated baseline templates and actual costs to the clients and staff members.
- Proposed an upgrading to the company’s payment authorisation system, involving inspection of all disbursements accounts and payments to avoid errors.
- Achieved 100% pass rate in all modules of AAT Level 4.
- Acted as a ‘Remote Support’ to the payables clerk within the Dubai office, assisting with queries and monitoring entire work process to ensure authenticity.
- Successfully managed high volume multi-currency purchase invoices that were processed against SLAs for the contractual clients including, Maersk and ExxonMobil.
- Demonstrated exceptional working knowledge while dealing with multi currencies such as, Indian rupee, US dollar, EUR, and south American currencies.
APA Manager Certification
The Accounts Payable Association
AAT Certificate Levels 2 - 4
South Essex College
A Level Media Studies
A Level English Language
AVCE Information Technology
Microsoft Excel Advanced (VLOOKUPS, SUMIFs and PIVOT TABLES)
Microsoft Office applications
Accounting systems: Unit 4 Financials CODA, Unit 4 Financials Business World Agresso, Sage, Dream
Banking systems: HSBC, Barclays
Microsoft Teams, Skype
Payables/Payments, Receivables/Income, Reconciliations, Analytical, Problem Solver, Attention to detail, Quick learner, Adaptability, Negotiation,
Leadership, People focused, Empathetic, Team worker, Networking, Communication, Organised, Flexibility, Interpersonal
Football, Keeping fit, Family & Friends, TV Shows/Films, Coffee