- Exceptional ACCA Finalist with over 6 years of experience as an Assistant Management Accountant / Finance Analyst
- Worked within a range of commercial sectors including TV Production/ Media, construction, catering, digital marketing as well as Fintech start-up company
- Hands on experience includes the Month End process & Cash-flow management, prepayment, bank reconciliation, revenue journals, payment run, fixed asset register
- Extensive knowledge UK GAAP & IFRS Guidelines
- At Curve, the company grew from 20 staff to over 300 staff, so I developed multiple finance policies using strategic analysis & budgeting to adapt to the growing needs of the company
- Strong communications building relationships with external suppliers including landlord and AWS contract provider also involving invoice queries with the contractors. Directly involved in the initial conversation with new suppliers
- At Curve I built relationships with the Global Investors as Curve embarked on a series of funding projects raising up to $100m on their Series C funding cycle.
- Made sure they had financial updates to make sure they were all aware of the business’s profitability through this period
- Took full responsibility for implementing our automatic authorization software system, this was pivotal in making sure invoices were automatic approved by heads of department and avoid overpayment to suppliers and fraud.
Education & Qualifications
ACCA Qualification Ongoing - Finalist | London School of Business and Finance
AAT Level 2 2017 | West King College
MA (Hons) degree First Class 2012
Public Administration Economics & International Institutions at “Luigi Bocconi” University in Milan, Italy *Ranked 16th on the OS World University Ranking
BA (Hons) degree First Class 2010
International and European Institutions at “University of Milan” in Milan, Italy
IT Skills Accounting Software: Xero, Sage 50, SUN, Microsoft NAV – Microsoft Office Package, Excel – Advance Level (Pivot Table, Marcos, VLookup) ECLD Certification (European Computer Driving Licence) Software: Infor Q&A, Tableau, ReceiptBank, Looker, Chartio, GoogleSheet+, ApprovalMax, Spendesk, Replicon, Concur and SalesFORCE
Languages English (Fluent- professional level) Italian (native) Spanish (intermediate level)
June 2020 – September 2020 – choose to not move forward after probation
NPSG UK Ltd
Accounts Payable Specialist
- Reporting into the FD, this role was particularly focus on engagement with different stakeholders of the company (suppliers, employee, US Head office)
- My Job was to manage the AP team and help the team, made of three employees, achieving the KPI for the AP Function.
- The AP team was managing the function for all the European countries (Italy, Spain, Netherland, Germany, Poland and UK).
- I was also involved in the month end reconciliation, preparing all bank reconciliation for all the six countries I was managing, prepayment and accruals
- Daily sharing of information with our head quarter in US was also my duty. This was involving the production of our Daily cash report and estimate of our weekly cashflow for the following cashflow.
- Responsible for the approval and payment of expenses of all our employees
- Solely point of contact for queries regarding supplier payments, invoice enquiries, payments and statement.
- Daily posting of supplier payment, intercompany transactions and cash receipts.
March 2020 – April 2020 – role ended to the Covid 19 downturn in business
Junior Management Accountant
- Reporting into The Financial Controller, this role had a particular focus on cash-flow and maintaining the right level of production costs, as a media company, the revenue is driven by the contract signed with the client.
- My job was to manage expenses in order to keep our profit margin on our 30% benchmark.
- This include creation of a budget for the single project and calculation of variances between what was budgeted and the actual expense.
- Preparing financial statements and accounts, including month end consolidated reports, balance sheet reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance
- Production of reporting and analysis of company performance
- Those variances than required to be explained to the different production manager with the purposes of let them understand how important they were and why we calculate them.
- Bank reconciliations within agreed timetables to ensure SOX compliance
- Variance analyses: identifying causes of variations between history data or established standard and actual performance results for finance periods.
- Continuous review of processes, systems and reporting to identify improvements
- Ensuring transparent and clear cooperation with all department heads and relevant divisions
Sep 2018 – Feb 2020
Junior Management Accountant
Curve OS Ltd London, United Kingdom
Reported directly to the Finance Director, I started at Curve as a Finance Assistant, working my way up to a Junior Management Accountant position
- My main duties covered all areas of Management Accounts preparation
- This included the Month End process, national and international payment run, fixed asset register
- Prepayment, prepayment journal, bank reconciliation, revenue journal
- Balance sheet reconciliation such us supplier statement reconciliations, loan to employee reconciliation.
- Drafted reports, budgets and financial statements that would enable senior management to give an accurate idea of the investment needed
- Developed multiple finance and policies using strategic analysis, budgeting and planning as the company grew from 20 to 300 staff
- Creation of our current expenses policy, approval of online credit card, analyses of Directors expenses, revenue calculation.
- A key part of the function was to automate and creating our controls. For example, I introduced the approval for books, running monthly check on expenses claim, create the approval process for invoices, explode our chart of account
- Full responsibility for liaising and building relationships with external suppliers including landlord to our AWS contract provider also involving invoice queries with the contractors.
- Key on-going projects involved developing the budgeting for the different department, the challenge was to acquire information for the different head of department regarding their costs and expenses
- Assisted with auditors ad-hoc task
- Controlling and forecasting income and expenditure in order to maximize revenue growth
- Built relationships with the Global Investors as Curve embarked on a series of funding projects raising up to $100m
- I played a key role in maintaining regular contact with the Investors to make sure they had financial updates to make sure they were all aware of the business’s profitability through this period
- Took full responsibility for implementing our automatic authorization software system, this was pivotal in making sure all invoices were automatic approved by the different head of department,
- This was an on-going project to make sure the heads of Department kept on top of these deadlines
- Helped create sustainable business models and informed risk assessment, including multiple financial controls
- Collaborated in creating of the revenue recognition journal in association with other team members and managerial staff.
July 2016 – Sept 2018
Rich Clicks - London, United Kingdom
- Reporting into the CEO, who wasn’t from a finance background, I covered the full accounts position in a stand-alone role
- Main duties consisted of prepared and interpreted reports, the main report here was the VAT report that I send to our external accountant and a forecast on the money come in and money come out.
- I was also focus on aged debtor. budgets, trial balance accounts as well the commentaries and financial statements and dealt with reconciling entries to ensure correct balance at the end of each month/quarter/year.
- Based on the current chart of accounts I created multiple more accounts in our chart in order to create a better vision of the company and the different side of the business, for example divide international and national travel, different type of sales and cost of sales. I tried to obtain more useful information for the company
- Carefully and effectively planed and developed in-house financial systems, including an accounts chart to be able to easily identify all financial transactions
- Bank reconciliation and suppliers and clients statement reconciliation.
- Overseeing credit control procedures for the employers, introducing improvements & changes
- Handled and managed all company bank accounts and credit cards
- Meticulously controlling income, cash flows, debt recovery and expenditure
- Took full responsibility of new accounting software (Xero) implementation
- Established a formal process for securing outstanding debts by starting legal proceedings against non-paying customers.
Feb 2015 – Jul 2016
Odisseo Ltd. London, United Kingdom
Apprentice Finance Assistant
- Assisted the company’s Finance Manager with the successful running of all aspects of finance for 4 individual companies and accurately checked the takings of business, on a daily basis, keeping in close connection to all managers regarding discrepancies
- Given full responsibility for organizing the timely payment of employees’ salaries and also trusted to deposit cash in the bank twice a week
- Played a lead role in organizing the VAT report (EC List) and also able to deal with all aspects regarding invoicing and reconciliation
- Handled daily A/P process and manage vendor/supplier maintenance.
- Used own initiative to modernize the company’s accounting system by downloading Xero and introducing software-based transactions
- Calculation of multiple transfer prices between individual companies
- Was given more responsibilities and trusted with more difficult tasks, having proved abilities to learn and contribute efficiently, Terminate AAT Level 2.
2018 – PMGY Charity in Bali
2017 – PMGY Charity in Kariega Reserve, South Africa
2012 – Student Union Leader at Sciences & European Institutions
2011 – Red Cross Milan, European Institute of Oncology